We are entering the cognitive era, and IBM's clients are rethinking their infrastructure to leverage Artificial Intelligence (AI) across the enterprise and its applications.
IBM is leading the industry in AI investment, both in our current products and in IBM's legendary Research division. A big part of that is IBM's Cognitive Systems strategy. IBM's Cognitive Systems are purpose-built for today and tomorrow's AI and machine learning applications, providing superior performance over all competitive solutions advanced workloads.
IBM is looking to hire a Cognitive Systems Analyst Relations Manager in our Austin office. This person will join our team of AR professionals as we build relationships with key influencers to help IBM further lead the market in AI infrastructure solutions. The Analyst Relations Manager plays a critical, cross-functional role by working with experts at many different levels of the organization across Z Systems, Power and Artificial Intelligence businesses. The candidate will work closely with product management, engineering, sales and marketing teams across IBM's global offices to build and nurture strong internal relationships that will be leveraged to engage with leading analyst firms and influencers.
The Analyst Relations Manager should have a strong background in market research, communications, data analysis, and competitive positioning. This role requires strong analytical skills and experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the IT or related industries. This candidate must enjoy growing and nurturing relationships and influencing analysts on IBM competitive strengths and differentiators.
- Develop, manage and execute a targeted Analyst Relations plan for IBM Cognitive Systems; educate the most influential industry analysts who work with existing or prospective IBM customers. Embed with the business unit to influence strategy and sales and improve analyst perceptions and relationships year-over-year.
- Influence analyst research on IBM, its competitors and the markets that IBM competes in; shape the perception of IBM and the value it brings to its customers; improve analyst rating in influential reports and evaluations.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments in the area of focus; share relevant analyst research and implications with senior management to shape BU strategy and offerings.
- Connect key IBM executives with expert analysts for advisory sessions to help define and influence offering strategy.
- Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, sales, offering management, communications legal and BU leadership to ensure that IBM is getting the best representation with the analyst community.
- Manage and procure paid strategic research projects on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms are actively engaged with IBM offerings
- Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers and leading industry analysts.
This role is located at IBM offices in Austin, TX.
Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% to meet in person with Business Unit executives and key global analysts and influencers.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.