In an era of unpredictable disruption, companies need to do more than transform. They must fearlessly reimagine their business - to the core - designing and building the platforms necessary for growth. Clients are protecting and preparing for what's next with IBM Services.
IBM business consultants help organizations fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value and drive greater efficiencies through Digital Reinvention. We help our clients apply advanced technologies to modernize their operations and drive growth. Our consultants help clients take advantage of outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise of IBM.
Our technology services run the infrastructure that powers 80% of the banking industry's daily card transactions, 61% of the automobile industry's production of passenger vehicles and nearly half of mobile connections worldwide. We are experts at managing infrastructure, while being innovators at heart.
IBM is looking to hire a Services Analyst Relations Strategist in our New York office to join our team of AR professionals as we build relationships with key influencers to help IBM Services further lead the market in innovative consulting and IT services. The Analyst Relations Strategist plays a critical cross functional role by working with a variety of Services experts at many different levels of the organization. The strategist will work closely with offering management, finance, engineering, sales and marketing teams to nurture solid internal relationships which will then be leveraged to engage with leading analyst firms and influencers.
The strategist should have a strong background in analysis, market research, financial analysis, competitive positioning, and extremely strong data analysis skills. This role requires someone with strong analytical skills as well as experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the IT or related industry. This is a strategic cross-functional role that will work with a variety of experts at all levels of the business.
- Develop, manage and execute a targeted Analyst Relations strategy for IBM Services to educate key industry analysts who work with existing or prospective IBM customers. Improve analyst perceptions and relationships year-over-year.
- Influence analyst research on IBM and its competitors and the key markets that IBM plays in to shape the perception of IBM and the value that the company brings to its customers. Improve analyst rating in target reports.
- Keep current on competitive landscape and strategic developments in the area of focus and share relevant analyst research, with implications, with senior management. Use this to shape BU strategy and offerings. Use analyst time for strategic sessions that will help define strategy.
- Collaborate cross functionally with colleagues in marketing, sales, offering, communications and legal as well as service/practice leaders to ensure that IBM is getting the best representation to the analyst community.
- Engage with top tier analyst relations firms to bring back strategic analyst insights to internal IBM business unit leaders to help shape IBM's strategy and the company's competitiveness in the market.
- Manage and procure paid strategic research projects on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms are actively engaged with IBM products and strategy.
- Work closely service/practice leaders as well as marketing, finance, engineering and offering management to educate analysts and proactively engage with them on strategic topics.
- Develop or have a keen understanding of building credible and strategic relationships with key influencers and influential industry analysts.
- Lead and continue to build IBM's Analyst Relations function as a strategic partner to various business units within IBM. Embed with the business unit to influence strategy and sales.
This role is located in an IBM office in New York City, NY.
Candidate must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.