As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Tax Analyst State and Local Tax Compliance - responsibilities include the preparation and payment of telecommunications, sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts and excise tax returns filed to various taxing jurisdictions, account reconciliations, and tax research and projects.
Education and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of multi-state indirect and transaction tax laws with the ability to research and document complex tax issues.
- Knowledge of systems (SAP, Vertex, Business Objects)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with key internal and external personnel.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Identify problems/issues and follow-up with the proper resolution.
- Strong knowledge of desktop software packages including Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to work simultaneously on numerous projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
Telecommunication industry experience strongly preferred.
- Accounting degree or similar.
- 2 5 years state and local tax compliance experience.
- Prepare complex telecommunication sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts and excise tax returns and the related payment requests.
- Maintain and reconcile journal entries for the accurate recording of tax liabilities.
- Create and/or revise spreadsheets and processes to improve the tax return filing procedures.
- Undertake recurring and special projects including utilization of support personnel as needed.
- Assist in sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts, and excise tax audits.
- Maintain Tax Calendar.
- Prepare documentation to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) controls and procedures.
- Perform tax research to keep current with new and changing tax law.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.