What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-classFinancing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
- Provide support to escheat supervisor and manager with the annual state unclaimed property filings
- Process due diligence letters (sort, make address changes, delete/reissue checks in system, etc…) effectively and efficiently. Organize and submit necessary paperwork and data files to source groups for check reissues.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of reconciliation of unclaimed propertyGL accounts and miscellaneous cash account.
- Ensure all customer inquiries are processed accurately and in a timely fashion. Understand customer inquiries and questions in order to respond appropriately.
- Complete uploads of unclaimed property to treasury systems (UPCS and Tracker). Review unclaimed property in databases for affiliate transactions, exemptions and validity of large properties.
- Enter vouchers for asset recovery, escheatment and other miscellaneous items.
- Review miscellaneous deposits daily (checks, wires and EFTs) and ensure they are booked accordingly to the general ledger. Maintain proper documentation and records of all checks deposited. Effectively and efficiently enter provided GL coding for checks, wires and EFTs deposited in the Miscellaneous Cash Application (MCA). Maintain list of returns to cash contacts and file for standard coding for specific deposited items. Complete reconciliations (MCA to BAI). Utilize MCA to investigate deposits received and respond to customer inquiries
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision upon receiving guidance from supervisor and/or manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.