The primary function for this position will be to accurately record and settle all third party, inter-company and Independent System Operators (ISO’s) energy commodity transactions including pricing and volumetric verification. Provide supporting documentation for monthly financial close and financial planning and analysis processes. Identifies settlement discrepancies and works with customers, schedulers and traders to resolve data issues in a timely and accurate manner. Processes daily trades, generates profitability reports and analyses them to help explains changes in profitability. Assist in the actualization of physical and financial contract movements and their related costs. Processes all invoices for energy sales, reconciles brokerage data for invoicing purposes and checks balancing invoices to identify any penalties or imbalance charges. Produces reports for use by the Accounting, Finance and Trading organizations while ensuring those reports comply with organizational policies, government regulations and professional standards. The candidate should possess an ability to understand wholesale commodity products and the settlement of power contracts; ability to coordinate monthly close processes with Financial Accounting; ensure the timely forecasting, processing, and reconciliation of accounts payable and accounts receivable associated with monthly ISO and counterparty settlements, and facilitate regulatory and compliance reporting.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a business related position
- Demonstrated knowledge of wholesale energy products and metering.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop spreadsheet applications and learn other specialized software products
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process changes.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with peers in a teamwork environment.
- Advanced degree or certification (i.e. MBA, CPA, CFA,), or pursuit thereof.
- Prior industry experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in Financial Accounting or Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of ISO Settlement activities.