PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
Our Operations consultants help clients realize competitive advantage from operations. This high performing team translates business strategy into effective operations to drive both growth and profitability. Specific areas of focus include product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations, and capital asset programs and operations.
The business world constantly changes; thatâ€™s not new. However, what is new is that now itâ€™s affecting how consultants go to market. There are more data points and sources; more desire for hard facts and analytics in decision making; virtually unlimited computing power and storage; and better tools and new approaches. All these changes have created an unprecedented opportunity to deliver better insights and real value at lower costs than ever before.
In the Analytic Apps group, our goal is to use those trends and changes to build offerings that help make our consultants look brilliant in front of clients. We integrate data, proprietary algorithms and visualizations, with the consultantâ€™s deep industry knowledge and experience, to answer complex business problems that challenge our clients in several industries. By doing this, we differentiate PwC in the marketplace, win more work and deliver outstanding value to our customers.
In the Apps Group, the User Experience Design team is critical to the delivery of usable and useful tools for our consultants. They play a prominent role from the very beginning of our product development process.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5 years of relevant product design experience working on major product releases.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Interaction design, Human Computer Interaction
- or any design related field.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Utilizing and applying into projects the common suite of desktop applications (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign and associated design tools) to create the wide variety of materials required to take a solution from concept through code;
- Designing engaging user experiences and data visualizations for desktop, web, or mobile apps;
- Collaborating with other designers, product managers and developers;
- Utilizing and applying digital product development knowledge with agile approaches into projects; and,
- Presenting a complete portfolio that shows breadth and depth of work.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Analyze a problem from multiple angles to come up with the best design and applying data to create value;
- Work the details of designs at a pixel level and at a storyboard level;
- Develop high level user stories, designing pretotypes/prototypes, creating specs, and building production assets and ability to maintain a high level of visual fidelity across them;
- Code aspects of a solution in early pretotype/prototype stages and ability to prototype (hack and/or code if necessary) designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required;
- Drive and push products forward while innovating features, functionality and usability;
- Deploy high quality experiences with a strong sense of design theory and typography;
- Develop innovative user experiences that result in improved productivity and customer insights and serving as a voice for customers to promote continuous improvement;
- Act as a data artist, taking lots of data and presenting it in an interesting and insightful way;
- Collaborate in small multidisciplinary product teams and with other designers, product managers and developers to continue pushing forward progress towards meeting customer needs;
- Define requirements and design for those requirements with small batch sizes; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to travel, as client assignments require.