Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
These Analytics Consultant positions are in the Production Business Insights (PBI) Office of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage to support Trusted Source / Online Mortgage Application implementation support and Collateral Management support analysis.
The successful candidate will have strong business intelligence reporting, data mining, and communication skills. This position will work with technology teams, project teams, and business leaders to assist in decision-making and business optimization. We are looking for an analytics consultant that can identify data trends and patterns, quantify business implications, validate, test, and analyze key metric relationships and provide actionable recommendations that will drive business performance.
Responsibilities for the Analytics Consultant include:
• As needed, develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses and/or data visualizations using BI tools such as Microstrategy
• Compiles/mines data from a variety of sources – internal and external
• Presents insights either in writing or verbally to senior leaders with recommendations; partners with business partners for consultation and ad-hoc analyses
• Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
• Partners with technology and/or with other business groups
• Supports projects at the division and national level
• Responsible for consulting with partners to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into complex analysis designs and recommendations
• Analyzes operational pilots and new business processes for effectiveness
• Develops predictive models and analyzes key metrics for trends and relationships that can improve customer service, operational efficiency, profitability, and compliance scores
• Consults and performs very complex analyses/ analysis design involving data mining from multiple sources and/or regression/multivariate, financial, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.
Other Desired Qualifications
•Ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
•Ability to use a variety of databases and knowledge of data mining techniques
•Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
•Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well defined plans, solutions, and test scripts
•Ability to perform statistical and performance analytics in SAS, R, Python or similar tools such as Minitab or SPSS
•Prior Home Mortgage experience is desirable
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $64,600 Mid: $91,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $64,600 Mid: $91,000
MN-Saint Louis Park: Min: $64,600 Mid: $91,000
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.