Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
This Advanced Analytics position sits within the Production Business Insights (PBI) Office of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and provides support for Fulfillment Operations, Centralized Sales, and Distributed Sales.
The successful candidate will have strong statistical modeling, data mining, advanced analytics, and communication skills. Using predictive analytics, forecasting, and hypothesis testing techniques the incumbent will identify data trends and patterns, quantify business implications, and analyze key metric relationships. Employing strong communication and partnership skills to provide actionable recommendations that will drive business performance.
Responsibilities for the Analytics Consultant include:
- Compiles/mines data from a variety of sources – internal and external.
- As needed, develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses, and/or data visualizations using BI tools such as MicroStrategy.
- Presents insights either in writing or verbally to senior leaders with recommendations; partners with business partners for consultation and ad-hoc analyses.
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- Partners with technology and/or with other business groups.
- Supports projects at the division and national level.
- Analyzes operational pilots, existing processes, and new business processes for effectiveness, impact and benefit.
- The key to success will be the ability to act on past experiences, learn requirements quickly, and couple this with superior analytic, problem solving, and communication skills to discover and present key findings associated with complex analysis in a way that influences decision making.
- Will demonstrate skills necessary to create/lead data visualization efforts.
- Work closely with other analytics consultants to identify, design, and build appropriate queries and datasets for complex analysis requirements.
- Consults and performs very complex analyses/ analysis design involving data mining from multiple sources and/or predictive modeling, regression/multivariate, financial, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to deliver dynamic presentations to business clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and project managers
- Knowledge and understanding of home lending
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Experience with analytics modeling, trending, forecasting, or demand planning
- Ability to use a variety of databases and knowledge of data mining techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well defined plans, solutions, and test scripts
- Knowledge and understanding of developing and leveraging various modeling techniques for requirements elicitation
- Ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
- Experience with capacity planning, forecasting, process improvement, and measurements
- Ability to perform statistical and performance analytics in SAS, R, Python or similar tools such as Minitab or SPSS
- Ability to perform specific business analysis and tie the results back to larger business initiatives
- Experience and / or knowledge with Analysis Techniques such as Time Series/ANOVA/Correlations/Clustering/Decision Tree/Machine Learning/Chi-SQ and other analysis techniques
- Experience and / or knowledge with Experimental Design (pre-and post-test, quasi-experiments, factorial designs, control groups, true experiments) and Research Methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, action learning, mixed-methods, hypothesis construction, scientific process, biases, validity, reliability, covariance)
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $64,600 Mid: $91,000
MN-Saint Louis Park: Min: $64,600 Mid: $91,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $64,600 Mid: $91,000
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.