Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
This role requires proven experience in analytics, data management, and reporting. The successful candidate will have proven ability to effectively partner across and within business functions
- Responsible for consulting with partners to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into complex analysis designs and recommendations.
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources; recommends and participates in the development of complex analysis designs using statistical and/or financial analysis, predictive modeling, process documentation, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.; interprets results and recommends solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency/quality, etc.
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a certain degree, may assist indirectly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization.
- May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of call center operations
- Experience with Home Preservation
- Technical skills that can take data and turn into a presentation/story and articulate the story surrounding the data to senior leaders in the organization
- Ability to research, trend/analyze data, summarize and recommend new strategies and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) analytical results, and recommendations
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with the ability to quickly recognize and resolve problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders, understanding business needs and driving analytical/reporting solutions
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels and across business line
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insights into data/processes and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflects gaps
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.