The Wholesale Business and Relationship Insights and Reporting team provides reporting and analytic support across the various Wholesale LOBs. The team functions as a key central analytic and reporting function for relationship and sales growth, and provides insight into Wholesale-wide metrics and reporting needs, looking for innovative analytic solutions to support business growth.
This team conducts a variety of analyses and reporting such as segmentation, product depth, opportunity identification and sizing, spatial analyses, and predictive and expert modeling. Analyses and reports support strategic growth, marketing, prospecting, attrition, and any other areas where businesses may need analytic/reporting support. Additionally this team supports senior leader presentations and ongoing reporting needs for Wholesale and its lines of business.
This position will be a senior reporting consultant within WRS&I, who will be dedicated to supporting the Wholesale Customer Complaints team, which will be part of the Customer Excellence group within the Wholesale COO group. This individual will work in partnership with multiple Wholesale lines of business to design, prototype, develop and support reporting for Wholesale LOB and Wholesale-wide efforts to understand customer complaints. In addition, this role will contribute to senior level presentations and will need to be comfortable aggregating and leveraging data from multiple sources, including internal and external sources. A keen ability to identify and deliver succinct, relevant and impactful insights is imperative.
This team member will partner closely with LOB business partners, Wholesale Business Solutions (WBS), and other partners as appropriate. This role will also partner with other analysts across the Enterprise to continue to drive WF consistency in analytic and reporting structures, as well as explore new innovative thinking/ideas to be leveraged by the team. As such, the successful candidate will have strong relationship building and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate on projects. They will have an analytic curiosity, a strong desire to dig deeper, and the ability to solve complex problems quickly.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Influence the data platform that will be necessary to support customer complaints reporting and analysis
- Influence and identify long term metrics and data needs that will enable an enterprise-wide customer excellence practice
- Aggregate findings across all LOB’s and deliver a Wholesale-wide view in standardized reporting for customer complaints
- Define customer complaint management metrics. Report KPIs for Wholesale and each LOB. Develop customer complaint trends to be included in LOB operational reports. Find early warnings and create insights that allow for predictive capability regarding complaints and overall customer experience
- Identify key insights from data to inform on-going LOB decision making
- Develop, pilot, and launch new and leading reporting capabilities to generate greater insights from data
- Work with LOB partners to leverage reporting that identify root cause for complaints
- Identify and bring visibility to cross-LOB analysis opportunities regarding customer complaints
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for performing complex activities related to business reporting by responding to requests from lines of business. Reporting will include identifying relationship growth opportunities, product penetration and profitability analyses, relationship portfolio profiles and segmentation analysis, and preparing lead lists
- Duties typically include providing strategic insights, building interactive dashboards, developing and productionalizing foundational reporting, performing reporting support regarding a wide array of business initiatives
- Designs and leads a variety of projects, generally spanning multiple products/business lines/functional areas/data sources and may involve application of industry-leading experimental reporting techniques
- Provide actionable insights and make strategic recommendations to the line of business based on thought-provoking and sound reporting, both proactively and in response to business partners’ requests
- Works with internal clients to identify reporting needs, define business requirements, identify potential data sources, design reports, and translate business needs into actionable insights. Additionally, partner with internal technology group(s) to build/enhance databases as needed
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Manipulates and manages data that are typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources
- May be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc.
- Partners closely with project/virtual teams and may partner with more senior Analytic Consultants depending on complexity of analysis involved
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company._They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with data analysis coding tools (i.e. T-SQL)
- Hands on experience with SSRS, Tableau, Oracle BI and other visualization and BI tools, with a keen ability to tell a visual data story
- Creativity to ideate new ways to represent data in graphs/tables/pictures to deliver the best insights
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Strong desire and ability to creatively solve problems and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to identify in efficiencies and opportunities to improve the process
- Diversity champion enabling team collaboration
- Leads and influences diverse views to foster problem solving, and delivery of extraordinary work that promotes team success
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.