Position Summary:If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging analytical/data problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 10 healthcare leader!
As a member of the Analytic Development organization you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of analytic solutions to enhance enterprise understanding of emerging prescription drug utilization and price trends. You will collaborate with business partners from product development and management, operations, finance, and marketing to demonstrate value of CVS Caremark products and services. You will enable data-driven strategic decision-making and identify opportunities for existing product improvement and new product development. Your experience will include translating business needs into analytic questions, using SAS and SQL to access data, develop Tableau data visualization and explorations solutions, conduct analyses of data using rigorous methodology, statistical significance testing, modeling and machine learning techniques. In this exciting role, you will design and conduct analyses of pharmacy claims, medical claims and other data translating your analytic findings for appropriate business and customer audiences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop deep understanding of the core drivers of growth in prescription drug utilization and prices;
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze their needs;
- Design and implement robust analytic and reporting solutions to support the identified needs;
- Access data, construct and manipulate large datasets to support planned analyses, using SAS, SQL and similar tools;
- Build dynamic data visualization tools with Tableau;
- Conduct analyses of the data, ranging from descriptive adhoc analyses to in-depth investigations of healthcare utilization trends and outcomes with a variety of statistical modeling approaches, such as regression modeling, time-series analyses, and machine learning techniques including random forests and ensemble models;
- Construct and deliver written reports of the analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, including visualization of data and findings), formulate recommendations, and effectively present the results to with non-analytic audiences;
- Tailor analytic solutions and insights to the specific customer or client need and constraints of delivery timelines;
- Apply creativity in developing analytic solutions based on available data sources, and in representing analytic findings in reports, tools, and other media to support most effective translation and application of internal and external customers;
- Manage complex projects related to a wide variety of financial, utilization, and clinical business needs.
To be considered for this new opportunity on our Analytic Development team, please have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Educational background may serve as a substitute for part or all of the length of relevant employment requirement. In addition, you will need to have:
- Proven ability to develop innovative analytic approaches leveraging all available internal and external data sources;
- Working knowledge of health care industry products/services and operations;
- Proficiency with data access and manipulation with SAS and retrieving data from large databases with SQL, or similar data access, manipulations and statistical analysis tools;
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization techniques;
- Experience with administrative claims data such as pharmacy or medical claims;
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver in the fast-paced evolving environment;
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources.
- Advanced understanding of pharmaceuticals, including pipeline knowledge, reimbursement models, and clinical insights;
- Experience developing, testing, documenting and maintaining standardized outcome metrics meeting diverse business needs;
- Experience developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining methodologies for standardized and repeatable reporting for internal and external audiences;
- Experience developing prospective and retrospective study design and evaluation protocols, including study population selection and matching criteria outcome measures definition and statistical methodology;
- Experience with in-depth statistical methodologies;
- Experience constructing, validating, and maintaining predictive and forecasting models in healthcare settings;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to construct analytic solutions to business problems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to interact with and influence decision-making by non-analytical business audiences.
Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline relevant to application of data and statistical analysis in a health-care setting is preferred, Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster:
EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clickingAA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/