• Bachelors of Science/Arts degree (4 year)
• 2+ years required data and analytics experience
• Experience querying databases using SAS and SQL
• MBA, MS, or MA in a discipline relevant to data and analytics
• 3+ years including 2+ years in relevant healthcare position
Experience analyzing US healthcare, administrative claims data housed in a major data repository (Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop) for commercial business needs such as healthcare utilization patterns, B2B account management and contract support
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Macro programming in SAS
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex analytic projects with shifting priorities and timelines
Analytic Manager position within the Payer Marketing function of GlaxoSmithKline. This position is responsible for delivering managed care payer analytics supporting commercial business strategies focused on optimal Payer access for GSK medicines. You will recommend, influence, plan and deliver analytics and analytical tools driving business objectives forward.
The idea candidate is an independent and analytical thinker. They are self-motivated and can use analytics, business intelligence and experience to identify opportunities or address underlying needs.
Other Key Responsibilities:
• Build effective working relationships and collaborate with headquarters and field account management teams to identify strategic needs, develop analytic plans, generate data, produce summary analyses, and communicate results and strategic insights
• Prepare and present findings internally and potentially externally with payer customers if needed
• Develop analytic tools such as population estimators and price/contract calculators enabling effective communication with payer customers
• Identify opportunities to increase value of analytics and tools to Payer Account teams and Brand Payer & Access Marketing; innovative approaches, new data sources, etc.
• Support Payer Marketing data needs across internal data and IT teams
• Provide insight supporting continuous improvement of processes and analytical tools
• Deliver results while also managing and prioritizing workload across multiple projects and timelines
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.