The Chemical Analytics Program provides analytical chemistry support for all phases of Monsanto's Chemistry product pipeline. The Product Development Analytics Platform within the Chemical Analytics Program is responsible for providing analytical chemistry support for the development of agricultural chemical products. We are seeking an Analytical Chemist.
The position is focused on performing low level chemical measurements on chemical reaction process streams, raw materials, and finished goods. The primary techniques used in this work include, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), gas chromatography (GC), solid phase extraction (SPE) sample preparation, and liquid-liquid extraction sample preparation.
Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. Our best-in-class technologies deliver sustainable agriculture solutions that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving precious natural resources. Monsanto Technology is comprised of a multifaceted group of scientists working together to revolutionize crop protection chemistries, plant breeding, and biotechnology. Monsanto is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a top 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and by Great Place to Work's Top 25 World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Analytical Chemistry or a related field of study
• Minimum of three or more years of related experience
• Experience in analytical method development and validation
• Hands-on experience with gas chromatography, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, and sample preparation techniques
• Self-motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills, and strong customer orientation
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry or a related field of study
• Experience working with process chemists and engineers
• Experience with quantitative, low level analytical chemistry testing
• Working knowledge of statistics
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.