The Monsanto Regulatory Environmental Sciences Team in St. Louis is seeking a highly talented Analytical Chemist/Scientist to support new and existing product registrations and product stewardship for Monsanto's global agricultural chemical portfolio. A strong technical background in quantitative and qualitative analytical chemistry is required. This role will focus around pesticide residue method development and structural elucidation of unknown metabolites and degradants. The individual will be responsible for the development of trace residue methods in a variety of plant, animal and environmental matrices, followed by validation and transfer to an external laboratory. External method troubleshooting and monitoring of the analytical phase of studies is a component of this role. Responsibilities will also include the identification and confirmation of key degradants and metabolites from radiolabeled environmental fate and plant and animal metabolism studies. Execution of radiovalidation and optimization of method conditions will be performed to support the development of quantitative methods.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a PhD in Analytical Chemistry or a related field of study
• Demonstrated experience in quantitative analytical method development with an emphasis on liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry-based techniques
• Experience with structural elucidation and confirmation of unknown small molecules
• Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Agility to work on and balance multiple projects and make adjustments to deliver the required business objectives
• Self-motivated and attention to detail
• Strong laboratory documentation skills
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• Industrial experience in method development and/or structural elucidation
• Experience conducting studies in a regulated environment (GLP and/or GMP)
• Experience developing quantitative analytical methods in a variety of complicated matrices (i.e. soil, plant, animal, etc.)
• Environmental, plant, and/or animal metabolism experience applied toward the identification and confirmation of unknowns
• Development gas chromatography/mass spectrometry-based methods and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with air sampling, monitoring and associated analysis
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.