Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Alloy Operation
has an immediate need for a Midnight Shift
Alloy Lab Technician (Monday - Friday) Position Overview
This position performs routine and non-routine analytical tests on ingots of alloys. Essential Job Functions
- Prepare incoming samples for analytical instrumentation.
- Perform XRF, Spark OES, and combustion analysis of both prelims and finals lab samples.
- Perform Mass Spectrometric analysis.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repair of lab equipment.
- With guidance from chief chemist/analytical programmer, perform calibrations and initial regressions required for accurate analysis of above instrumentation.
- Utilize Lab computer system for certification and prelim charge calculations
- Sample logging and maintenance in LIMS.
- Analysis of raw materials and other critical materials utilizing all the above analytical instrumentation.
- Assist and carry out analytical analysis in support of manufacturing, quality, and process engineering as required.
- Training of other employees on all functions of the equipment and processes as needed
- Work on special projects at the request of supervisor
- Order consumables and spare parts for lab use
- Overtime required on weekends and for additional coverage during labor gaps
- Work flexible hours including night and weekends with little advanced notice
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic Qualifications
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Inorganic chemistry or related work background preferred.
- BS in Science based curriculum preferred.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.