Analytics and Reports, Retail Product Manager (Job Number: 023190)
Corporate Office - 1415 LAKE COOK RD
1415 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Manager, Retail Products is responsible for working with the Planning team to identify reporting, system and process needs (in collaboration with the business) that affects the Planning team's ability to meet their financial and strategic goals. Key liaison between Planning, Merchant team and the matrix organization regarding planning process and systems. Works on a team responsible for identifying and implementing program enhancements/improvements that will allow the Merchant organization to achieve their EBIT targets and support Retail Products leadership's vision of a best in class Merchant Organization. Responsible for evaluating program needs to identify root causes of problems/inefficiencies and determining appropriate improvements. Continually seeks input from Planning team on potential program enhancements or solutions to improve merchant organization efficiencies enabling them to achieve their goals related to process and systems. Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for partnering with the business in identifying reporting, analytics and system limitations. Acts as key liaison to the matrix organization in delivery of process, system, reports or development enhancements and solutions for the Planning organization. Including but not limited to Promotions Planning, Deal/vendor funding, Business Planning, display planning, waste, etc.
- Responsible for identification of industry best process, reporting and systems and working to apply them to enable Walgreens and Retail Products to deliver on their strategy and EBIT targets.
- Responsible for development and adherence to project deliverables timelines.
- Works cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Leverages continuous process improvement across the Planner/Merchant function acting as the liaison to the matrix organization to optimize and standardize process, systems or reporting to eliminate inefficiencies, which will allow for a best in world organization.
- Establishes time lines and scope of work to obtain system, tool, process roll out
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of Merchandising experience in a retail organization OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of Merchandising experience in a retail organization.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing improvements to resolve problems.
- At least 3 years of Process, Technology, Development or Consulting, Retail Experience or Services organization
- Experience collaborating and navigating within a matrix structured environment.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources (such as cross-functional teams) to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
- Experience developing and driving organizational initiatives which align with business goals.
- Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflict to ensure buy-in and common goals.
- At least 1 year experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state as well as international travel).
- At least 8 years of experience in retail merchandising
- At least 5 years of Project management experience (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 8 years of experience in process, technology, development or consulting or project delivery role
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people.
- Master's Degree/MBA
- Experience in process improvement utilizing the principles of Six Sigma and/or LEAN
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.