Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Atlanta, Alpharetta
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role you will take direction from senior team members;
* Have awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Sociability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.;
* Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
* Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance.
* Understand core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math);
* Strong technical foundation in the PC, Mobility, compute, Application or Network technology area
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
* Aware of Methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc. May have prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
* Operates with general understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle;
* Experience with Automation and Orchestration tools (such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Scalr, etc.);
* Experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, R, etc.
* Experience with next generation business intelligence tools (Tableau, etc.);
* Experience in IT Service Management environments
* Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Background knowledge and experience with infrastructure and application delivery, including network (routing, firewall, etc.), DNS, VMWare, cloud computing, databases, web and application servers, and the tools used to manage these environments;
* Demonstrated ability to implement plans with a defined rhythm, metrics and process to ensure strong focus and consistent execution.;
* Demonstrated ability to create, adapt, and execute plans to unstructured and/or complex problems.;
* Demonstrated ability to use relevant information to anticipate problems and weigh options and promptly address issues, persevering through challenges;
* Experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.;
* Experience with Pivotal, Postgres, and Github
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.