ID Analytics, a Symantec company, is a leader in credit and fraud risk solutions with patented analytics, proven expertise and up-to-the-minute insight into consumer behavior. Founded in 2002, with a vision to think differently about how institutions solve the problem of verifying consumers' identities, we now solve a full range of identity challenges, including assessing credit risk and improving online customer experience. Our tools help our clients protect themselves and their customers from identity risk and fraud. Our solutions are all powered by analytics, but it's our access to data unseen by other bureaus that differentiates our solutions. ID Analytics is a Symantec company. We are looking for a driven Machine Learning Engineer to join our Analytics team to focus on cultivating tools, environments, and best practices to aid in the development and deployment of complex statistical processes and machine learning models.
This role will be responsible for maintaining and creating tools that facilitate common tasks, assisting data scientists in developing high-quality software, and implementing analytic processes in Hadoop. This role will also interface with the Engineering, Operations, and Data teams to ensure analytic processes align with the larger technical and data strategies. Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve tools to assist Analytics in ETL, model development and scoring, retrospective testing, efficiency, repeatability, and R&D.
- Lead by example regarding software best practices, including code style and architecture, documentation, source control, and testing.
- Interface with Engineering/Operations/Data teams to ensure our pipelines and processes fit within the production framework.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to architect, implement, and improve complex analytic processes.
- Ensure that our tools and environments adhere to strict security protocols.
- Other duties as needed.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics or relevant area.
- 2+ years developing production code in a team setting.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of distributed computing principles and experience with the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience building data pipelines in Hadoop.
- Strong understanding of best practices using Spark in Python and Scala.
- Familiar with statistical and machine learning techniques, including exploratory analysis, sampling, visualization, model building, and validation.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.