Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an analytical thinker to lead a small team of analysts on our Battle.net user experience (UX) team. This job is not purely a management position-we expect you to also get involved with data crunching to help us learn about our players. We work in a user-centered environment so we can better serve our players and the company, and your work will be a vital component. This role requires you to work closely with business intelligence, design, program management, and our research team to help create relationships and build a good workflow. You'll help identify key performance indicators (KPI), tracking needs, collect data, and investigate patterns so you can inform, teach, and inspire product owners and design teams. If you geek out about analytics and want the opportunity to further improve Blizzard's user experience, we'd love to chat!Responsibilities
- Help the team understand user patterns using both internal and 3rd party data.
- Define problems and opportunities through analysis of current behaviors combined with product goals.
- Create and show solutions to create tagging strategies and work with engineering to ensure the right data is being measured.
- Deliver and follow through using dashboards, reports, and data-driven recommendations to evaluate designs and inspire new ideas
- Mentor others as you level up the soft and hard skills of our current team.
Required Application Materials
- Serious passion for user-centered design
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a team lead / manager
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as an analyst, researcher, data scientist or similar
- Examples of study designs and analytics strategies
- Examples of easily digestible story-based reports
- Experience using Tableau, Google Analytics, Excel Power Pivot, and Google Tag Manager
- Experience setting tagging strategy and implementing tags with tag managing solutions
- Experience with Web, mobile, and PC application tracking
- Experience with large-scale digital stores
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Metric Insights, etc.)
- Experience pulling data with SQL
- Experience running A / B tests
- Experience creating user focused KPI's
- Experience training, mentoring, and managing other analysts
- A degree in statistics, information science, social science, informatics, computer science (CS), MBA, or related
- Loves puppies (kittens, badgers, or other related juvenile animals are also ok)
- Cover Letter
- URL or PDF of your portfolio / studies / reports
**Only submittals with all three required application materials will be considered
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.