Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
We may be a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies, engineers breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking.
We began life in 1988 by harnessing the power of big data to create customized products that disrupted the credit card industry. Now we are doubling down on that big data strategy, and we are actively seeking highly a creative and intellectually curious Analytics Manager who is passionate about digital analytics to join our team!
As a Capital One Analytics Manager, you'll manage an Agile or platform team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet story acceptance criteria, and ensure that the applications we build are always available to our customers. You'll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers and develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology.
- You will manage a global team to develop and operationalize an enterprise grade web and mobile clickstream analytics solution
- You will work to define the architectural vision to expand digital analytics solution across the CapitalOne Enterprise
- You will apply fast and big data technologies to build real time analytics solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our Production environment
- You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular JS, and NoSQL
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- You will help grow and mentor other team members
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- You use, or are passionate about learning, Spark, Scala, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO and MongoDB – and anything else that will help you solve big, messy problems
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with big and fast data technologies
- At least 2 years of experience with managing teams
- At least 7 years IT experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ year of experience with web or mobile analytics tools preferably Adobe analytics, Google analytics or Snowplow Analytics
- 4+ years of experience working with frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, Hbase, Kafka
- 3+ years of experience with cloud platforms and services
- 4+ year of experience with web technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.