Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Analytics and Data Products (ADP) group works with internal business teams, our key Visa issuing banks, and merchant clients to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. The manager will be a critical member of the ADP team that supports special projects.
We are currently seeking outstanding candidates with strong quantitative skills who can work on analytical projects and deliver insights from data. In this role, you will be responsible for researching on new data sources and analytical tools, build analytical solutions and explore options of adopting the same on large scale. You will leverage your knowledge of big data, analytic techniques and industry experience such as data aggregation, 3rd party data, modeling and segmentation. Based on findings from data analysis, you will draw insights and make actionable recommendations that reflect the business need and context. This function is critical in building new market-relevant analytical solutions and intellectual property for Visa.
The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California. Responsibilities:
- The role is mainly an individual contributor
- As one of the key team members of R&D the role requires extensive interaction with Visa team members and external vendors/agencies
- Explore, evaluate and make recommendations on new analysis techniques and new data sources
- Define detailed analytic scope and methodology, and create analytic plan
- Prepare data for analysis by data extraction and cleansing
- Perform exploratory, quantitative analysis and data mining on large datasets based on business hypothesis
- Performs ad-hoc analysis, BI requests and Data Extractions using SAS, Hive, Python and other quantitative tools
- Manage 3rd party / Vendor relationship
- Documents relevant project details, data sources and methodology in project
- Strong quantitative skills
- Familiarity with big data processing techniques using SAS, SQL, Hive, and Python
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Expertise in data mining, statistical analysis and descriptive analytics
- Proficient with Excel,VBA, MS PowerPoint & Office
- Must be a team player, be energetic and able to collaborate with team members and vendors
- Good presentation skills
- Be proactive and exhibit enthusiasm to continually learn
Education and Experience
- Bachelors/Post Graduate in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering
- 5+ years' experience in data analytics
- Analytics experience in credit cards, financial services, or merchant analytics is preferred but not required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.