Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The pre-sales team of State Street Global Exchange SM works closely with our sales organization to demonstrate and discuss the solutions offered by the division for our prospective and existing customers.
We are currently seeking a pre-sales engineer to support our Analytics offerings. This position is critical to the achievement of our revenue targets, and supports the sales teams - while also working closely with servicing and product teams - with the articulation of our value proposition and the demonstration of use cases for clients across asset owner, asset manager, insurance and hedge fund sectors. Responsibilities
- Provide product demos and construct demo reports for our suite of offerings to prospects and clients (multi-asset class risk, fund transparency solutions, integrated performance services, etc) - both on-site and via web
- Participate in and/or take the lead on opportunity-specific POCs for clients and prospects, leveraging the Client Services team, Financial Engineering team and other resources, as needed. Train clients, as needed, to navigate the system during POC phase.
- Relate clients' needs to our capabilities and bring gaps and new ideas back to the product team. Work with product management as needed on projects and enhancements.
- Effectively transfer knowledge and information acquired during deal phase to the client implementation team
- Contribute to development of content for presentations or other materials as an SME, when needed
- Provide input on select RFPs as an SME, when needed
- Prioritize and manage to sales opportunities and goals
- 5+ years of experience in the finance/fintech industry, with time focused specifically on risk analytics
- Experience presenting in front of clients and/or prospects, including day-to-day users and senior level decision-makers
- Familiarity with the risk and performance vendor landscape
- Clear understanding of the data inputs and requirements needed to produce successful reporting outputs
- Collaborative mindset to work with cross-section of sales, service and product resources
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize competing high priority tasks
- Ability to travel as needed (typically short 1-3 day trips)
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.