Job Title: Android Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an Android Developer to help us build awesome Android apps that integrate with our services platform. The Android developer for the Mobile Team will report to the Director of Mobile. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store.
At this company it isn't enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
This is a hands on role. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
* Development of mobile apps for the Android platform
* Participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts
* Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
* Work with Release Engineering team in app deployment activities
* Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years as a developer with deep understanding of Android UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps
* 5+ years of broad knowledge of Java, Android Studio, gradle and other IDE tools
* An Object Oriented developer with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
* Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications
* Experience integrating with RESTful API backends
* Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
* Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
* Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
* Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
* Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
* Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
* Up to 5% travel - Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences - up to 4x a yr.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.