At Capital One, the Android platform is recognized as an opportunity to reach our customers in unique, personal and engaging ways. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of the full ecosystem of phones, tablets, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Android Wear, Google Glass and whatever future developments Google creates. Our engineers are provided with top of the line MacBook Pros, Thunderbolt monitors and the necessary tooling to develop the best possible products with the least amount of friction. We operate in small productive agile teams and use the best industry tools to collaborate across teams. If Jelly Bean and Kit Kat make you think of improved window buffer allocation and Host Card Emulation instead of tasty treats, then you need to come check us out!
- Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, and Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity.
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality.
- Be an active advocate of the Android platform through both internal and external developer communities.
- Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Java, Android SDK, AndroidWear, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc.).
- Influence and contribute to group discussions andincorporate feedback/communication frombroader team.
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.).
- Proficiency with Android Studio Tooling.
- Demonstrated investment in Android development knowledge growth through self-study, side projects and/or school/work experience.
- Contributed towards an open source project.
- Presented coding topics to development peer group internal and external to work.
- Maintains an active public coding presence through GitHub.- Android sub-system or higher-level construct knowledge (Audio/Video, NDK, HCE, NFC, AOSP, Linux Kernel, etc.).
- Ability to detect and abstract common patterns in code.
- At least 3 years of professional coding experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with Android.
-Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
-4 years of software development experience.
-2 years of experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
-2 years working on cross-location engineering teams.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.