LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? So are millions of people around the world. On the Careers team at LinkedIn, we strive to help our members find passion and purpose by helping them uncover their dream opportunities. Join us in changing the way the world finds their next opportunity. At LinkedIn, we have a variety of engineering and engineering manager job opportunities that span from building scalable applications to building our mobile infrastructure. You can view those opportunities at https://www. . /company-beta/1337/jobs/
Our mobile team is seeking a talented engineering leader and manager to help guide the development of our native Job seeking experiences for Android, across both the "LinkedIn" app and the dedicated "LinkedIn Job Search" app. As a part of our world-class software engineering team, you will be charged with architecting, designing, developing, and supporting one of the most visible native application products at LinkedIn. The ideal candidate will be excited for the challenge to transform and think critically on many computer science disciplines including product design, usability, user experience, building APIs, user-centric online applications, business logic, scaling performance, and 24x7 reliability. This position is full-time and based in our Bay Area offices.
• Manage the performance and career development of a team of 5-10 Android engineers. Own significant parts of LinkedIn products that require design, architecture, and coding.
• Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship.
• Lead by example. You'll be expected to be a hands on manager, contributing to code alongside your team was approximately 25% to 50% of the time.
• Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology road map.
• Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
• Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
• Experience with native Android application development, with one or more published app store apps
• Background in computer science
• Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
• Successful track record of managing teams of engineers and project management skills.
• Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
• Experience with object oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (Java, Swift, Objective C, Scala, etc. ).
• Proven coding skills and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.