Since 2003, Skype has been synonymous with communication and connecting people. Every day, millions of individuals and businesses use Skype and Skype for Business to make video and voice calls, send instant messages, share files and collaborate. Skype is the ultimate connectivity tool that spans cultures, countries, continents. Today, a large portion of the Internet-connected world is on Skype but we have even bolder ambitions! To realize them, we are aggressively looking for stellar mobile apps software developers. If you are passionate about building mobile apps and great at it, we want to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will:
- Design and implement software systems for automated verification of mobile apps.
- Design and implement app features to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements
- Design and implement in-app instrumentation and telemetry
- Debug and fix defects in apps code, test code and infrastructure
- Work in a friendly, supportive environment. We care about the career trajectory and development of our engineers!
- Get to have a meaningful impact on some of the most popular and loved apps in the world!
- CS graduate or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to apply CS concepts, data structures and algorithms to solve hard programing problems in a clean, structured, gradual, pragmatic way.
- 2+ years of mobile apps development and testing experience on Android, iOS and/or Windows Phone / Windows 8.x
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong passion for clean code and software quality, combined with agile delivery
- Strong attention to detail. Passion for pixel-perfection and apps craftsmanship
- Knowledge of / experience with unit testing, mocking and dependency injection frameworks
- Knowledge of / experience with mobile apps design patterns (MVVM-S, etc.) is a big plus
- Knowledge of Android and / or React is a big plus
- Experience working with cross-functional, geographically diverse teams is a big plus too
Come join the Skype team in Palo Alto and help us define and create the future of communication and collaboration!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.