Company Description Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
The Digital and Mobile Products organization is building a new generation of applications to facilitate commerce in everyone's new digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
The role is a self-organized Android Software Engineer with solid mobile development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Foster City, CA, and will report to the Lead Software Engineer responsible for Client Technology across web and mobile platforms (web, iOS, Android). Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise for Android platform.
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
- Create, document, and maintain UI patterns and standards, and provide tools and processes to govern them.
- Drive Android technology stack, and overall client architecture.
- Evangelize standardized UI design patterns across Visa development teams, coordinate and facilitate the creation and maintenance of reusable software modules.
- Develop next generation mobile payment applications; write solid code following best development practices.
- Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
- Work independently and provide guidance & training to junior developers.
- Passion for user experience and knowledge of Android Application Patterns as per the Android Development Guidelines (required).
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform. (Required).
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc) and peer code-reviews (required).
- Knowledge Android platform and OWASP security practices.
- Experience with Android/iOS development tools (Android Studio, Gradle build, XCode etc).
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Very good understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, deep understanding of network protocols and blue tooth technology, test driven development, SDK development - maintenance and support.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills, excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that require multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity implementing and testing accessible code (TalkBack, Switch Access, etc).
- Familiarity with web service development, DBMS, UNIX shell scripts, PHP, SQL is a plus.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and practice.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 6 years of experience in Android or iOS application development (required).
- MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Android or iOS application development (required).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.