For more than a century, LewisGale Hospital Alleghany, a 204-bed acute care facility,
has delivered high-quality healthcare to residents of Southwest Virginia, the Alleghany Highlands, West Virginia and Rockbridge County. We specialize in cardiac rehab, orthopedics, physical therapy, surgical services, and mental health and behavioral health services.
Our facility is recognized by the Joint Commission ,
specifically in pneumonia and surgical care
. We have also received the Cheers Award for Medication Safety from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices. LewisGale Hospital Alleghany is also ranked by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as one of the top hospitals in the nation .
Please join our facility today in order to help make a difference! In addition to General surgeries, other surgical specialties at LewisGale include: Orthopedic surgery , Podiatric surgery , Colon and rectal surgery , Ear, Nose and Throat surgery , and Gynecologic surgery . ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN CHALLENGES AND TASKS:
- Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the Code of Conduct.
- Communicates with anesthesia staff to ensure supplies are available to meet patient's needs.
- Participates in meetings and continuing education to improve individual, departmental, and organizational performance.
- Serves as a role model for other hospital staff adhering to all hospital policies and procedures, acting maturely at all times.
- Checks each operating room prior to the first surgery of day to ensure anesthesia machine is cleaned, stocked, and set up.
- Stocks anesthesia carts daily. Puts drugs and supplies in same location on each cart.
- Monitors levels of sterile equipment to ensure equipment available.
- Attendance within hospital guidelines.
- Terminally cleans gas machine, working areas and tables daily with appropriate solution.
- Transports contaminated equipment to Central Sterile for reprocessing.
Required: High school graduate, or equivalent. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (can be obtained once hired). EXPERIENCE
Required: Medical/healthcare experience.
Preferred: Central Sterile and or Anesthesia Technician experience. SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Required: Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to interact with physicians, employees, and public. Must possess effective organizational skills to coordinate and prioritize work assignments.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom