The Anesthesia Technician prepares anesthesia instruments, equipment, supplies, and drugs for use throughout the Department of Surgery. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Sets up lines and equipment for surgical procedure.
- Troubleshoots anesthesia machinery.
- Assists with insertion of lines, intubation and pain blocks.
- Stocks anesthesia carts, assists in inventory control of supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Assists in the gathering of data for Quality Improvement.
- Assists the charge nurses by doing whatever is needed in the department to maintain efficiencies.
- Assists the team with the decontamination and cleaning process.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum one year of experience as an Anesthesia Tech required
- Related certifications in anesthesia equipment preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and lifting of 25 lbs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom