Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
AngularJS & NodeJS Engineer – High Traffic Sites
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures. That’s why we’re here—a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers working to Change Banking for Good. Working to make a difference in people’s lives.
We are seeking talented engineers to help us build a suite of innovative products that help consumers make informed financial decisions. Our products give consumers access to expert advice as well as unbiased customer generated information on Capital One products and services. They also allow consumers to seek advice from each other and have conversations that promote their financial well-being.
Keep reading if:
- You’re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer.
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries.
- You’ve got a passion for cutting edge technology, because this particular gig is entirely focused on reinventing CapitalOne.com to be anticipatory, responsive, scalable, and remarkably human in ways no one could possibly imagine before you arrived.
- You’re results driven. You love solving problems and putting your work out there for millions of people to see.
- You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
What you'll do:
- Perform complex applications programming activities in the latest technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, Typescript, Java, HTML, CSS, and more.
- Create features that are scalable, search engine optimized, accessible and renders effectively across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types (Desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
- Collaborate with business systems analysts, project managers, and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Be willing to learn and adapt to newer technologies
The team you’ll be part of:
- Maintains high traffic web pages that give consumers access to Capital One user generated content (e.g. Ratings and Reviews).
- Rebuilds existing User Generated Content (UGC) products using latest technologies to make them faster, more responsive and user friendly.
- Builds APIs and micro-services that allow lines of businesses to integrate user generated content and product reviews into their webpages.
- Works with external vendors and 3rd party APIs.
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 2 years of experience with most or all of these: Angular JS, jQuery, Node.js, HTML5 and CSS.
At least 2 years of experience with AWS/Cloud infrastructure
1 year of experience working on a Lean/Agile development team.
1 year of experience with developing Java/J2EE applications and RESTful Web services.
1 year of experience with Angular 2, TypeScript, Docker, Relational and/or NoSQL databases
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.