Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Provide animal care and good husbandry practices for poultry, small animals, and large animals which includes:
- Feeding and watering of animals, lifting and dispensing buckets of water and feed bags (minimum 50 lbs.)
- Cleaning of animal cages, pens, rooms, and other quarters: not limited to scooping, bagging, hosing, and operation of mechanized equipment (high-pressure sprayer, feed wagon, bobcat, tractors)
- Make and report routine observations of animals- each animal, every day, at least once daily.
- Report sick, injured, or moribund animals immediately to Attending Veterinarian and Study Director.
- Maintain accurate documentation of animal records as directed in all aspects of job. Includes: ability to use correct error entry codes, with concurrent and legible recordings, review of documentation within 14 days of last entry.
- Compliance with federal, state, and site regulations and guidelines (USDA, OSHA, SOP, and GLP)
- Capable of working in inclement weather conditions, capable of taking multiple on-site showers when working in certain buildings, capable of wearing full body coveralls, full face respirators and other tight fitting personal protective equipment.
- Assist with animal procurement and disposition including; documentation of receiving, transferring, sale, and disposition of animals
- Assist other animal care technicians as needed or directed, become cross trained in all animal husbandry areas to serve as back-up and help and be able to cover for coworkers out on vacation or sick.
- Assist non-animal care personnel as directed in animal activities.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of husbandry supplies with notification in advance of the need to restock.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- HS diploma or GED
- Preferred Associate degree or Veterinary Technician license
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimal one year experience working with animals required (small and large animals including poultry).
- Must possess strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Be able to lift fifty pounds
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Positive attitude, effective communication skills, ability to work well within a team setting, work with little supervision, have consistent attendance including being on time and willingness to stay late when needed.
- Completing work in a timely fashion, then helping other coworkers
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement