Summer Internship - Outside Sales, Animal Health
- Summer Internship: Sales
- Specialty: Animal Health
- P rogram Length: 9 to 11 weeks
- Location: Greater Knoxville, TN or Atlanta, GA area
- Travel: Extensive, including overnight, within designated territory
- Requirements: a good driving record, reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
- Best suited for: Rising Senior who is self-motivated with excellent communication skills, customer-focused mindset and has a strong work ethic
At MWI, we have two passions - animal health and our employees. Come experience a unique summer internship that offers real business experience to enhance your skill set and professional development.
Our internship program is 9 to 11 weeks in length and provides 1:1 customer experience. In addition, our internship program offers networking opportunities, exposure to senior leaders and the opportunity to be part of an amazing organization.
This intern position is with our sales organization
, where customer relationships are strong and key to our continued success. This intern position will focus on strengthening customer loyalty through e-commerce applications and value-added solutions. The internship is project-based and will provide exposure and insight to the sales process in the animal health industry. Specifically, as an intern you will team up with one of our sales representatives and train customers on our e-commerce system, its use, features and value and assist with problem solving through customer follow up and interaction. Qualifications:
- Rising Senior with a 3.0 GPA or higher; preferred majors - business, communications and animal science
- Understanding of general business principals; previous intern or related work experience a plus
- Technologically savvy and astute - comfortable working on a computer, familiar with MS Office and able to learn new software applications and systems
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written; comfortable speaking to others via email, phone and face-to-face
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflict
- Ability to influence
- Drive to learn and succeed
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.