Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Animal Health Sales Regional Business Manager Farm Animal Products Southeast Region:
Who you are
- Leads/coaches individuals and team (8-10 technical sales specialists) within the region in support of enhanced customer service to the region's clinics in best utilization of Bayer product portfolio, marketing tools, clinic staff education programs, and sales promotions in building and maintaining their clinic/business key performance indicators; which results in year-over-year sales target attainment;
- Holds each territory technical sales specialist accountable to their sales targets, and other defined performance objectives. Providing the appropriate level of direction and problem solving targeted to enhancing the customer experience, in partnering with Bayer;
- Travels within the region, alongside each individual on the sale team, to evaluate all aspects of their performance, the performance of our portfolio and programs, and provide a visible added level of contact to regional clinics/customers;
- Is a critical connection piece (for communications and/or implementation) from "home office" (which includes Brand Marketing, Commercial Operations, Veterinary Product Services/Pharmacovigilance and Product Supply) to the field - in support of new product launch, marketing/brand materials development and distribution, sales promotions, customer service, and product delivery;
- Is the primary responsible person in the attraction and on-going attainment and development of high performing technical sales staff; who are/become independent and self-sufficient through application of effective rep-to-rep problem solving, effective sales and efficient territory management training;
- Established regional and territory dollar volume goals, and establishes regional and territory expense budgets and ensures operations within set budget;
- As a member of the US FAP Leadership Team utilizes customer, business and industry insights to set the business unit on-going strategy.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a life science, business management or marketing related degree. MBA preferred.
- Greater than 10 years of applicable sales experience, showing capability to grow sales within a region/territory through expanded customer base and increased sales volume per customer. With animal/human health industry and/or professional channel sales, preferred.
- 3 plus year experience in team supervision or team/project lead role.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Working understanding of enterprise-wide sales based data and reporting applications, such as, but not limited to, SAP, OBI and VEEVA. Able to analyze data from within systems to effectively manage customer accounts.
- Understanding/Appreciation of Bayer product portfolio and Farm Animal market place performance.
- Experience which can convey displayed behaviors and performance actions to a capable level in the following key competencies: Customer Focus, Drives Results, Plans and Aligns, Manages Ambiguity, and Builds Effective Teams.
Domestic Relocation Assistance is offered for this position. The Regional Business Manager is required to be located within the central location of the Southeast Region (Nashville, Tennessee or Atlanta, Georgia)Your application
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.