Animation Tools Developer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: February 16, 2018
Reference ID: 1079439
Animation Tools Developer - 343 Industries (Halo)
343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Animation Tools Developer to join our team working on the next, big Halo shooter experience. Animation is a major part of the Halo experience and we at 343 Industries are looking for an experienced animation tools developer to join our team and help enhance our animation tools and pipeline to enable our artists and designers to create cutting edge games in the Halo Universe.
-Drive enhancement and development of new and existing animation tools.
-Partner with animation developers on the create of new animation technologies and matching tools/workflows.
-Work with artists, designers and programmers to analyze tools/pipelines and workflows and determine areas for improvements (speed and to increase tool capabilities).
-Work with producers to accurately schedule and coordinate cross-team to deliver polished, fully comprehensive experiences.
- 3 years of Animation DCC and GUI tool development experience in the games (or related) industry.
- 5 years of C++ experience
- 2 years of C# experience
- Knowledge and experience with current animation tools, techniques and middleware.
- Passion for creating amazing AAA game experiences
- Experience working with large and complex tools and codebases
- Good understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization and debugging
- Solid 3D Math skills (linear algebra and trig.) - BS degree or equivalent industry experience
- Python programming experience
- UX design sensibilities
- One or more shipped titles in an animation or tools role.
- Experience with a variety of different 3D art packages and pipelines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.