Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and The Lost Vikings - Which is your favorite Blizzard universe? Having a hard time choosing? You don't have to!
Blizzard is looking for a Hero who can champion an idea from concept to completion. Having strong interpersonal skills and collaborating with others is an important component of the role in addition to your art skillset. We value positive team-players who give constructive feedback and are also open to hearing the feedback of others in return. The ideal animation candidate has experience animating both humanoids and creatures of all shapes and sizes. You must be comfortable creating cycles, appealing poses, visceral combat animations, and crowd pleasing emotes. You have a passion for games and enjoy the challenge of creating beautiful animations that are highly functional and serve the needs of the gameplay.
As an animator on the Heroes of the Storm team, you will have the unique opportunity to animate characters from the entire catalogue of iconic Blizzard franchises. You will contribute your own ideas and animation to enrich both our game and universes.
Sounds fun? If you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!Responsibilities
- Create animation for characters, mounts and other assets
- Collaborate with art, design, and visual effects departments to deliver heroes, skins, maps, mounts, and other supporting assets that meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game development using Maya, 3ds Max or an equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skills in animating the human bipedal figure, as well as other organic forms
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- A self-driven, passionate, and creative problem solver with a great team first attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for video games
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a character animator
- Skills in one or more of the related character creation tasks -- illustration, modeling, texturing, or rigging
- Experience with MaxScript, or Mel
- Outstanding 2D animation skills
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Familiar with the MOBA genre
- Cover Letter** which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.