Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Antibody Discovery Senior Scientist I in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Antibody Discovery Senior Scientist I working on the Protein Sciences team, you will be empowered to establish antibody discovery approaches and methodologies and develop therapeutic antibodies for Immuno-Oncology , and a typical day will include:
As a key member of the Antibody Technologies team and a skillful bench scientist, to independently establish antibody discovery approaches and methodologies to enable the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies for Immuno-Oncology and Takeda’s core therapeutic areas. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- To be a key member of a team focusing on antibody discovery for the development of antibody-based therapeutics.
- To independently design, develop and execute methodologies and workflows for hybridoma and B-cell-cloning for fully human antibody discovery and screening, high-throughput antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, recombinant antibody expression, and lead antibody identification.
- To establish information tracking and material management systems associated with the antibody discovery processes, and to provide material for in depth antibody evaluation and selection.
- To document protocols and foster sharing of expertise as a scientific resource for others in the organization based on extensive knowledge of antibodies and antibody discovery.
- This individual needs to work closely with the protein expression and purification teams to develop optimal screen reagents, and will need to keep effective communications in a multi-functional team setting.
- PhD in Immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, protein/antibody engineering or related fields and with at least 5-6+ years industry experience, or equivalent.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and expertise with independently designing workflows for hybridoma and B-cell-cloning for fully human antibody discovery and screening.
- Experience in high-throughput antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, recombinant antibody expression, and lead antibody identification is needed.
- This individual must be self-motivated, with a proven record of working in a multi-functional team setting, and is effective in sharing learning and expertise.
- Strong skills in communication, problem solving, cross-function collaboration, planning, documentation, and organization are required.
- Experience with naïve, immunized and/or synthetic antibody library design
- Experience with in vitro affinity maturation methods
- Experience working with high throughput liquid handlers
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry desired
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- < 5% of time as required to support business needs
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.