Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of the Client Computing Tools and Reporting team, the APEX Developer will be responsible for developing solutions and process to support major IT initiatives. This includes developing and implementing the solution, designing the strategy, documenting and managing system releases. Qualifications:
- MS Degree or BS Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 7 years with Oracle Application Express (APEX) design, development, deployment and support based on user requirements (APEX 4.1, 4.2, 5.0)
- 3 years in building of Database Design and Development in Oracle and SQL Server (Oracle 11g and SQL Server 2008 preferred)
- Able to take user requirements and translate into technical/design requirements
- High Proficiency with Oracle and SQL server database operations and design
- Required SQL and PL/SQL development experience, including but not limited to design and creating tables, packages, stored procedures, views, triggers, indexes and all relevant database objects, as well as report objects and output
- Knowledge with Microsoft SCCM, OSD, Microsoft SMS
- Proficient in documenting SDLC of application development including design, analysis, development, documentation, deployment and Support
- Familiar with Oracle tools, TOAD or SQLdeveloper
- Real world project management or project coordination experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
- Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Generate ideas, develop processes and build technical solutions at Merck
- Coordinate technical initiatives and projects by leading teams of colleagues from various technical disciplines within Merck IT
- Advanced ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions at all levels within and outside the organization
- Coordinate with enterprise app owners to educate teams, test applications, and suggest remedies to achieve greater cross platform compatibility
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong commitment to a team environment
- Ability to lead project from end to end
- Ability to provide strategic solutions and designs
- Ability to provide recommendations based on data analysis and trends
- Organized and thorough to complete multiple tasks in timely manner
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and new requirements
- Strong understanding & use of metrics and metrics-based management
- Ability to work under pressure
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement