Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
API Quality Product Manager - API Center of Excellence
Our Product Managers play a critical role in achieving our mission. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward.
Capital One is seeking a Product Manager for our new API Center of Excellence. The right candidate will be combine solid digital product management experience with knowledge of data visualization, APIs, and platform thinking. We need a strong, seasoned, Product Manager who has comfort communicating technical complexity and a passion for influencing software teams and business leadership.
Provide visibility for API quality to the entire enterprise by defining and creating data visualizations, dashboards, KPIs and tools. As a product leader you will:
- Relentlessly push to understand customer needs and ensures customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Leads a team through rigorous process of test and learn with focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization.
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Deep planning skills with the ability to organize thematic work areas in deep detail with long term vision and iterative execution
- Proven experience in and passion for building and shipping great products
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience shipping multiple products across variety of platforms and channels
- Engineering, design, MBA and/or start-up founder experience
- Agile Product Management experience
- Industry or hobbyist experience with emerging and leading technologies across disciplines (APIs, Data Visualization and Developer Tools)
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.