Discover is investing in APIs as the way of the future. This new team will be dedicated to driving our API strategy forward for both world class external platform capabilities, as well as supporting high security, scale and evolution of internal API platforms in an agile and iterative fashion. This highly skilled individual will be responsible for leading platform level decisions, as well as aligning security technologies for industry leadership and ease of use leveraging Oauth 2.0, JWT, JWE and other specifications.
This individual will be a lead architect for the API system, and also act as a consultant to Application Development, Infrastructure, and the business, so excellent communication skills are a must. This person will collaboratively work in an agile fashion within the API team.
* Define solutions to enable capabilities for our API platform, Web/API Portal integration and development, as well as business specific needs on occasion.
* Develop shared security policy snippets and language specific utilities, primarily Java. Other languages such as C##/.Net and Python a plus
* Understand and be able to implement industry aligned security standards such as Oauth and JWT and work with Enterprise Architect to define shared solutions for broad consumption
* Work with partners, business, application development and infrastructure to ensure alignment of goals and capabilities
* Bring your creativity in creating a world class developer experience to contribute/enhance our internal and external developers
* Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or MIS preferred) or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years' experience working in a technology environment
The right candidate will have experience in developing systems using:
* Industry best practice for designing, building, securing and publishing APIs
* JWT, OAUTH, Encryption, Signing and Hashing methodologies OWASP and OSSTMM
* Web technologies (Java, PHP, ASP.NET, AJAX, etc.) and application security techniques and challenges
* Java, Spring boot, spring security, LDAP, Active Directory, git, jenkins, cloud concepts
* API Management platform (FKA: Layer7) policy authoring using CA Policy Manager.
#LI-MF1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.