What you’ll be doing...
We are seeking Technical Lead/Senior Apigee Platform Engineer (SMTS) to architect and lead our One API Platform program. You will be responsible for establishing the roadmap, managing the design and enhancing the Apigee platform and solutions for API related capabilities across the enterprise. You will own and lead the build and delivery of highly scalable Apigee platform on AWS.
- Build, Manage and Evolve the Apigee API Management Platform to maintain operational SLAs and meet the needs of the enterprise and developer community.
- Implement API management using Apigee to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics, monetization and developer portals.
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges and status/progress of the project.
- Document requirements, design, architecture and test scripts.
- Partner with Ansible team to build and rollout of Apigee platform in AWS.
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to help define platform direction, provide thought leadership on maturing API adoption and create best of breed customer experiences.
- Work with the product vendor on issue resolution and enhancements.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing and optimizing server architectures.
Even better if you have:
- Enterprise integration lead experience with 8+ years of experience on various API and integration tools both on premise and cloud.
- Experience in an API specialist role and delivered multiple API engagements leveraging Apigee API Edge gateway.
- Hands on experience in AWS - Cloud Computing Services.
- Discovered, designed and documented API specifications using YAML.
- Hands-on experience in developing JSON, Restful web services and APIs.
- Successfully designed & delivered API and SOA based solutions.
- 2 or more years of experience with an API management software like Apigee or Layer 7 or Mashery or WSO2 or equivalent with the knowledge of API mashups, analytics, developer networks, monetization models and security.
- Experience in HTTP/HTTPS protocol, web services and use of web servers.
- Experience in designing relational databases and SQL scripting.
- Knowledge of Cassandra, Hadoop/MapReduce, Mongo DB.
- 2 or more years of knowledge of implementing security and identity protocols such as OpenID, TLS, OAuth, SAML, SSO, PKI (encryption and key management), REST.
- Knowledge of SOA design and implementation and system integration using SOA.
- Experience in working on the cloud (iPaas / Saas).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.