We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates application technical design provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for new application functionality; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting user/system environmental issues, and training as required
Essential Job Functions
Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers esti mates Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality Performs quality review checks on project deliverables Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Special Skill Requirement
- In depth knowledge and expertise in mainframe programming technologies such as Assembler, COBOL, Easytrieve, JCL, TSO/ISPF, CA7, Endevor, FTP, and standard IBM Mainframe development tools.
- Experience with cross platform data movement and integration.
- Expertise in the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Ability to perform on-call duties, supporting all mainframe applications off hours.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- A proven ability to lead development teams
- A proven ability to analyze and guide business partners to optimum technical solutions to business problems
- An ability to fully understand the big picture and how their efforts impact the overall business strategy.
- A sense of urgency in dealing with production problems and high priority business initiatives.
- A proven ability to share knowledge and help others develop skills and grow.
- A proven ability to work with external vendors to direct their efforts in meeting the needs of the business.
May require occasional traveling Good written and oral skills in local language. Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: