*WORK FROM HOME - Requirements*
- ON-SITE Training REQUIRED in Richmond, VA
- Internet Connectivity requirements - At a minimum :
- Cable or DSL
(Digital Subscriber Line)
- Minimum Download Speed
: 1 MB/S
- Minimum Upload Speed
: 512 KB/S
- Minimum Latency
: under 90ms
Appeals Specialist The Appeals Specialist is responsible for performing end to end tasks for technical appeals:
- Please contact your internet service provider for verification of the specifications listed above.
- Triage incoming inventory for the Appeals team, validating appeal criteria is met
- Compose technical denial arguments for reconsideration, including both written and telephonically
- Identify contract protection that can be leveraged to overturn denials.
- Overcome objections that prevent payment of the claim and gain commitment for payment through concise and effective appeal argument
- Identify problem accounts/processes/trends and escalate as appropriate
- Utilize effective documentation standards that support a strong historical record of actions taken on the account.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations, to ensure accurate statement of accounts receivable
- Ability to punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum one year experience in related area required
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience required
- The ability to read and interpret medical records preferred
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation. Parallon
is an affiliate of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA Holdings, Inc.)
and is a leading provider of healthcare business and operational services. Parallon supports healthcare providers in the areas of revenue cycle (billing, collections, denial management), technology, patient registration, insurance verification, and health information management.
We offer free parking, training support, competitive salary and excellent benefits to include several insurance package options for Medical, Dental and Vision; Paid Time Off for vacation, sick leave and holidays, Employer-paid Short Term Disability, Company matching 401K and more! #ParallonBCOM
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom