Application & Hardware Support Representative-Job Overview
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree and 2+years experience in technical support/technical customer service with computer hardware and software troubleshooting knowledge.Candidate should have superior skills in each of the following areas:
- Willingness to handle high volumes of Tier 1 and Tier 2 calls, but also the ability to work with team of software engineers for more in-depth troubleshooting.
- Application & Hardware troubleshooting using support tools such as log/text file parsing, Event Viewer and Remote Desktop Solutions (LogMeIn, TeamViewer,etc)
- Candidate should have good communication, problem solving skills and have a hands-on, "get it done" attitude.
- As a front lines communicator to the customer base, the selected candidate will have the willingness and personality to be a company marketer.
The position will support both customers and locations with their photo booth troubleshooting as well as supply monitoring for proprietary equipment within the field. In addition, the individual will:
- Conduct start-to-finish support from receiving the initial call to troubleshooting and through to processing a replacement part order
- Provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all photo booth users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding step-by-step solutions.
- Developing and maintaining excellent customer relations and troubleshooting technical issues. In addition, they are responsible for retaining the existing customer base by satisfying customers concerns quickly and completely and expanding the business through satisfied customers.
- Responsible for following up with existing customers in regards to installations, service calls, alarms, testing systems and special problems to ensure we are meeting our promises and expectations.
- Provide one-on-one end-user training as needed
- Assist Supervisors in monitoring and supporting the Photo Booth Networks
- Maintenance of Photo Booth Knowledge-base
- Work along with Project Managers to look into suspected problems the Photo Booth may be encountering that would cause loss of revenue on locations.
- Prior customer service and call center experience
- Experience with Intuit Quickbooks or other
- 2+ years experience with Windows operating systems and applications
- 2+ years experience with network troubleshooting
- Experience with one or scripting languages and XML
- Clear and effective written and verbal English communications skills
- BS/CS or equivalent experience
- Configuring Hardware (Computers & Networking Equipment)
- Photo Booth Configuration
- Understanding of basic Electronic Principles (AC Power, DC Power, Relays, V=I*R)
- Must be a self-starter able to work independently as well as part of the Apple team
- Attention to detail is an absolute must.
- Must possess creative and analytical problem solving and exceptional technical skills.
- The ability to think outside the box to solve complicated issues that may arise
My client. is a Greenvale, NY-based manufacturer of photo booths for the coin-operated/amusement and event planning industries. We are seeking a dynamic multi-tasker to join our team and support our customers and products in the field.The successful candidate will have the technical knowledge to do the job, but also possess a passion for customer satisfaction and a willingness to take the necessary extra steps for their customers.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.