We're disrupting the world of digital marketing and we want your help.
Oracle Responsys was built with the mission to change the way the world does marketing in the digital age. We're a cloud software company that's helping companies take advantage of technologies like email, mobile, social, display, and the web to drive up revenues and build lasting relationships with consumers.
A job at Oracle Responsys is not only a fantastic career opportunity but an opportunity to be a part of something big! We are currently hiring top talent to help innovate our next-generation application and we want you to be a part of it.
The ideal candidate will have passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of distributed computing, high-volume transaction processing and large-scale system design. Our success requires us to process over 450 million transactions a day in a SaaS environment. We are seeking individuals who can handle the challenges and opportunities of developing software that operates at this scale while expanding our functionality to expand the lead that Oracle Responsys has over the competition.
The Application Architect will participate in the development of the Applications of the Interact Suite offered in Cloud Computing/SaaS model. You will be responsible for creating enterprise applications used by customers to design and execute cross-channel marketing campaigns. You should be business and technically savvy, possess a big-picture vision, and have the leadership and drive to make that vision a reality. We are looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial background, who can take high-level market requirements and design robust, scalable applications. You will work closely with Product Management to help define the specific business requirements, architect technical solutions, and work with development to implement the solution.
You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced and energetic work environment and demonstrate competency for building for the present while designing/architecting for the future. This is an extremely hands-on architecture/design and development position for someone who has demonstrated knowledge of and applicability of Object-Oriented techniques and principles.
• Provide architectural guidance for major software initiatives
• Participate in development of architectural strategy, including technology standardization and modernization
• Provide detailed documentation for system design and implementation
• Develop design standards and guidelines and mentor other architects and engineers on best practices
• Work closely with PM to design application solutions that fulfill high-level business requirements
• Make design decisions based on ambiguous or incomplete information
• Effectively collaborate with stakeholders to gain collective buy-in on architecture strategies
• Evaluate, test and provide recommendations for new tools for enterprise management
• Be a mentor for software engineers
• BS/MS/PhD in computer science or equivalent degree
• 10 years of software engineering experience in Java/J2EE and object oriented development
• Exceptional technical competence that includes a track record of innovative problem solving and individual technical accomplishments
• Proven experience with design and software architecture principles and concepts, including performance tuning, high availability, fault tolerance, and other related architectural concerns
• Extensive experience with Spring, Hibernate, JMS, TestNG, relational databases and SQL
• Proven experience with deployment of enterprise software in Unix platforms, and the capability to closely collaborate with the operations team
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
• Ability to thrive in a highly productive, customer-oriented environment
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects and demands simultaneously
• Experience with high-volume distributed application development in a SaaS environment
For more information, please see:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.