Application Architect, Sr. Manager
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you'd serve as a leader on a diverse Agile team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You’ll be a technical mentor to team members while contributing your expertise to detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will also serve in a strategic, leadership role within our Technology Leadership Team.
As the Technical Subject Matter Expert, you’ll fulfill your cravings for hands-on development in everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using modern technologies, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. We’re looking for talented Lead Software Engineers who are well-versed in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, Kafka, Spark, Apex, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure.
- Build strong partnerships within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Provide functional, technical and process leadership in areas such as pair programming, TDD, ATDD, DevOps, and Refactoring techniques
- Mentor a delivery team while supporting their ownership of quality craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of the team’s solutions
- Support multiple concurrent efforts and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Handle highly complex, highly ambiguous tasks
- Demonstrate mastery in multiple business areas and bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Communicate effectively with both technicians and business leaders
- Deliver Scrum and/or SAFe methodologies
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of Application Development experience
- At least 3 years of systems and program design experience
- At least 3 years of experience providing technical leadership on software application development and running large-scale applications
- At least 3 years of Agile Delivery experience
- At least 2 years of CI/CD toolsets experience
- Master's Degree
- 9+ years of professional experience in a technical role
- 6+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
- 3+ years of experience with RESTFUL and SOAP-based Web services
- 2+ years of experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery using modern DevOps tools
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.