The OBIEE Administrator is responsible for providing prompt and accurate technical support, related to fusion middleware products including Weblogic application and OBIEE software installation configuration and maintenance support, while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).Duties include installing, configuring, upgrading, patching, performance tuning, technical documentation, security compliance and troubleshooting Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g components, including WebLogic, Java applications, OBIEE, Service Oriented Architecture, and Oracle Enterprise Manager. This position requires the ability to work independently, make system critical decisions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Duties will occasionally require off-hours and weekend support for maintenance and systems support.
- Extensive OBIEE installation, upgrade, support, and performance tuning experience in large-volume production environments with multi-node installation and configuration of OBIEE 11g and 12c platform.
- Experience implementing and integrating Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c/13c, including FMW Management.
- Experience in the configuration of metadata repositories of OBIEE servers and Middleware with thorough understanding of WebLogic domains.
- Clustering & high availability implementation for OBIEE servers and Middleware load balancing.
- Experience migrating systems from test to production using OBIEE utilities.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and managing WebLogic services on in Linux environment.
- In-depth knowledge of administration in Linux (RHEL) command-line environment. Proficient in writing and maintaining UNIX shell scripts to automate system tasks. Experience with Java JDK, LDAP.
- OBIEE 11g and 12c security provider setup, tuning and troubleshooting, backup and recovery of OBIEE environment.
- Experience in trouble shooting, performance tuning of OBIEE services with proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight dead-lines customer focused with dedication to customer satisfaction
- In depth understanding of OBIEE and Middleware architectural elements required to support large installations.
- Must be able to write effective technical documentation and reports as a primary focus of daily duties.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.