Applications Developer GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES -
The Application Developer develops database and web applications to support the Patient Account Service Center (PAS). The position is responsible for ascertaining business requirements from PAS business users and incorporating those requirements into applications that meet the defined need(s). The position is also responsible for assisting the Application Development Manager with other duties as assigned including maintenance and support of ongoing applications. SUPERVISOR -
Application Development Manager
SUPERVISES - NA
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and web applications
- Documents technical requirements by working with the Application Development Manager or business users.
- Completes application development tasks assigned according to project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles.
- Assists in developing prototypes/models and determining data sources (if applicable).
- Follows technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
- Executes application unit testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
- Coordinates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate).
- Creates and maintains application documentation.
- Assists in analyzing and executing change requests and enhancements.
- Resolves application issues as instructed.
- Develops appropriate application controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
- Act as a liaison between Application Development and PAS business users.
- Actively participates in application design sessions.
- Provides technical guidance to business users.
- Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
- Performs monthly application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organization - Follows department development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written)
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Tactical execution - demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
- Technical skills - SQL server database and programming skills, skilled in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access Programming, and Microsoft Office Products. Has a foundation understanding of Database configuration and integration concepts to provide end-user support. Has basic skills using business intelligence applications such as Microsoft Analysis Services or Business Objects.
- Bachelors Degree Information Systems or related degree. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
- Minimum of 2-4 years Information Technology experience including database and web application design. Prior DBA experience beneficial.
- Experience with HCA systems preferred.
- N/A PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom