Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description:
This position is for asenior developer working onthe MyView applicationplatform.MyView isa cloud based IT transformational initiativedesignedto provide near real-time process monitoring information across all COE(Center of Excellence) to the end business users, to help streamline their daily business activities. The position requires background in application development, a good understanding of leading IT technologies in particular J2EE, RDBMS and Web Development. The person in this role will be completely hands-on and will work withmultiple agile teams.
- Build and maintain core java/j2ee applications.
- Work closely with the Product teams to design, model, and develop changes for new and existing projects.
- Share knowledge with the new agile teams.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Work on projects supporting multiple business areas andbe willing to learnthe business domain and develop business knowledge.
- Tune backend queries and stored procedures for better application and system performance.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of experience in professional software development
- Good knowledge of J2EE, RDBMS, Web Development and UNIX
- Good knowledge of object oriented design methodology and design patterns
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the business needs
- Hands on experience in developing HTML5 code using react js framework a plus.
- Good understanding of Database concepts, and experience in Oracle 11g with writing queries and PL/SQL code.
- Able to write modular SQA code and have a good understanding of SQL tuning concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive timelines
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.