Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern software development practices? Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical services at scale? Are you a quick thinker? If so, please read on.
With IBM in this position, you will be part of a team of Software Engineers who are engaged in a large-scale effort to design, develop, implement and support business applications. You will implement robust business applications to help us sell our products, interact with our stake holders and team members. You will be expected to maintain awareness of the business area, technologies and best practices. You must be adept at problem solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to promote a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company. You will be expected to contribute with hands on development. Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders, product owners and team members in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution
- Solid understanding of relational database design and concepts
- Write / develop complex/critical DB2 SQL code
- Experience with database performance tuning
- Perform production support related activities such as troubleshooting and testing addressing defects as needed
- Interface with the business to gather business requirement analysis and technical solution design
- Working with agile methodologies as a part of a squad you will deliver biweekly iterative solutions
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.