Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- This position is for a Developer working on multiple Risk and Regulatory related initiatives.
- The position requires a strong background in application development, a good understanding of leading IT technologies in particular Java and RDBMS Development.
- The person in this role will be completely hands-on and will work with cross-functional teams.
- The work will require a candidate to be competent in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- The candidate must be able to work independently with moderate input from his/her manager.
- The candidate must be able to multi-task in a faced paced environment while producing detailed and accurate output.
- The candidate must be energetic, eager to learn and embrace change.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development.
- Strong knowledge and experience on data management - Database Design, ETL, data governance.
- Strong knowledge of development platforms - java, application servers, user interface technologies.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, Normalization, database tuning, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Excellent SQL development skills. Should have a very good understanding of SQL tuning.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Strong analytical skills to convert business requirements into systems design.
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented design methodology and design patterns.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the business needs.
- Strong Architectural and Design skills: Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML, Architectural patterns, Design patterns, Refactoring, Functional and Non-Functional design best practices.
- Experienced in software development methodologies: Agile, Scrum, RUP, XP, Peer programming.
- Unix operating system, shell scripting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally.
- Experience of working in a financial industry and regulatory initiatives.
- Experience with agile development methodology.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.